KLS Worldwide Chauffeured Services is ready for an action-packed, music-soaked summer in the Big Apple! Are you?
KLS Worldwide Chauffeured Services kicking off the summer season, NYC has events, festivals, and Broadway performances sure to thrill locals and tourists alike. From the classic Broadway faire to the Coney Island Mermaid Parade, there’s no city like NY City when it comes to entertainment.
Here are 10 things you don’t want to miss:
1. Bryant Park Picnic Performances begin May 27th with the New York City Opera’s production of Gioachino Rossini’s The Barber of Seville. If the opera isn’t your style, don’t fret, there will be 26 live (and free!) performances to choose from. For a full list check out the official Bryant Park Website.
2. The 21st annual Tribeca Film Festival will take place in Lower Manhattan, Chelsea, and special venues from June 8-19, 2022. Get your tickets now to see 110 feature films from 150 filmmakers across 40 countries, including 88 world premieres. For a complete run down of this spectacular annual event, look here.
3. The Governors Ball Music Festival is back! This year, New York City's mega-fest takes the party to Citi Field in Queens. June 10-12 is packed with music’s top talent including Jack Harlow, Kid Cudi, Halsey, Tove Lo, Glass Animals, J. Cole and many, many more!
4. SummerStage has events happening just about every week of the summer and is one of New York’s “most anticipated summer concerts.” Legendary jazz pianist and composer Herbie Hancock (with the Blue Note Jazz Festival) will open the season on June 11 at Central Park. To see this truly outstanding lineup, visit the Capital One City Parks Foundation Season Brochure.
5. As mentioned earlier, The Coney Island Mermaid Parade is back after two long years on hiatus. According to TimeOut.com, the procession, which has become the largest art parade in all of the United States since first debuting back in 1983, is part and parcel of Coney Island's character, marking the unofficial start of summer. It will take place on June 18!
6. Get your dancing shoes on and follow the beat of Disco all the way to Lincoln Center. Thrillist.com says, The Josie Robertson Plaza will transform into The Oasis… the city’s “largest outdoor dancefloor.” Don’t miss your chance to see a 10-foot-tall disco ball in person!
7. The entire month of June is all about PRIDE. Whether you’re an ally or the Queerest of Queers, the NYC Pride Parade is an event not to be missed! So put on your rainbow brightest and march on down Sunday, June 26th to celebrate and commemorate with the LGBTQIA+ community. Check out nycpride.org for all the information you need and desire.
8. The Music Man on Broadway starring Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster is playing this summer. Tickets are on sale ranging from $99-$624 but they are going fast! Get yours now or you’ll miss this classic musical.
9. If all this action has given you an appetite, don’t worry, The Queens Night Market is back for the season and has been in full swing since May 7th. Saturday’s from 5pm- midnight, this foodie’s dream come true has cuisines from over 90 countries to feast on, all while enjoying live music and performances. Don’t forget to check out the art and merch for sale by local vendors. Admission to the night market is free.
10. And last, but certainly not least, Shakespeare In The Park. The beloved summer tradition returns with the intriguing political drama RICHARD III, directed by Tony nominee Robert O’Hara and featuring Danai Gurira in the title role. Don’t miss this quintessential NYC theatre experience, running from June 17 – July 17, at the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park. Tickets are free, but very hard to come by. For tips on how to procure a coveted seat, visit NYC Insider Guide.
KLS Worldwide Chauffeured Services wishes you a fun-filled summer in the city that never sleeps... but always dreams. Happy Summer NYC!
About KLS Worldwide Chauffeured Services
From our first day of business, KLS Worldwide Chauffeured Services has grown into one of the most respected ground transportation services in the field. We operate in California, New York, New Jersey, London, and beyond with an increasingly global focus. Today we provide support for numerous large and high-profile corporate clients.