SmartSites, an award-winning digital marketing agency, achieved over 200 verified reviews on UpCity.
UpCity connects businesses with trusted B2B service providers. They bring honesty to the market by being transparent about their processes. Today, UpCity lists over 50,000 provider profiles, including HR consultants, accounting firms, marketing agencies, cloud consulting firms, UX designers, app developers, and much more.
UpCity is well-known for their data-driven Recommendability Ratings, which are calculated from eight factors:
- UpCity Profile Completion: UpCity profiles highlight up to 40 data points of each service provider, including price points, target markets, and available services.
- UpCity Reviews: These reviews provide an in-depth view of how real customers feel about a service provider and their deliverables. Additionally, this algorithm takes both quality and quantity of reviews into account.
- UpCity Engagement: UpCity encourages service providers to interact with the community by maintaining/updating their profiles, responding to reviews, expert posting, and more. These activities help build trust and ensure that businesses have positive experiences working with listed service providers.
- Google Reviews: Reviews on Google My Business give prospective buyers an overview of how existing or past customers feel about a service provider.
- Location Consistency: A service provider's contact information on both UpCity and Google My Business must be consistent. Listing accuracy determines whether or not a local business search result can be trusted.
- Search Engine Presence: UpCity tracks over 56,000 industry keywords to determine which service providers perform well in their industry and geographic region.
- Website Speed & Experience: A service provider's website must provide a fast and smooth experience for their customers and visitors. These signals have an impact on a prospects’ first impression of one's business.
- Domain Authority: UpCity utilizes a trusted domain authority metric to predict a provider’s domain authority has in the eyes of Google and other major search engines. This metric is also statistically normalized across UpCity’s community.
UpCity’s Recommendability Ratings cannot be purchased and it is formulated based on how recommendable a service provider is.
UpCity was founded in 2009 to help aspiring and seasoned business owners navigate the complexities of digital marketing. The number of marketing service providers in the U.S. was increasing annually. It became increasingly challenging to search for the right B2B partner. Between 2012 and 2017, UpCity helped businesses streamline reporting and workflows, manage local listings efficiently, and empowering successful relationships through transparency and trustworthy insights. In 2019, UpCity underwent major expansion to increase their network of B2B service providers.
Founded by Michael Melen and Alex Melen, SmartSites is a full-service online advertising agency that offers website design and development, SEO, and PPC marketing services. Additionally, they are a Google Premier & Facebook Marketing Partner. SmartSites has a diverse team of designers, developers, and strategists that spans across the globe. Michael Melen currently serves as the Co-CEO and COO and is deeply involved in Search Engine Optimization and Online Marketing. He is also the founder of Backlink Build. Alex Melen is an Award-Winning Entrepreneur & Keynote Speaker, and founder of web hosting company T35 Hosting (founded 1997). Today, SmartSites manages over $100MM/year in advertising spend and has been featured in the INC5000 for 5 consecutive years as one of the fastest growing digital agencies.