Like press releases, media press kits are tools that allow you to easily get information out to journalists and reporters. Gathering all useful information together in one place will make it easier for the media to find what they want and to send some good publicity your way. It’s an opportunity for your small business to make a lasting impression and really shine. These days, many businesses are opting to distribute press kits online.
Press kits can take time and money to create and distribute, so it’s important to be thoughtful when you assemble it. Here are a few things to create a press kit that really gets the job done.
- A Bio of Your Company. Include a document that tells your brand story. This could be a fact sheet with background information about the company. A short biography of each of the key players is also a great addition.
- Visuals. Images and video are a powerful way to keep an audience’s attention. Provide your company logo, photos of your business at work, and links to video of any speeches or televised events.
- Press releases. No press kit is complete without recent news about your company. Include press releases about events and product updates. You can easily distribute press releases by ordering a premium press release distribution package on our online order page for just $129.
- Keep it all together. Save all the documents together in one folder, as separate Microsoft Word or PDF files. Make sure it is easy to locate items quickly so that busy reporters don’t have to waste time searching.
- Optimize online materials for search engines. Make the job of reporters easier by incorporating good SEO into any press releases or media advisories. Most small business owners have a limited knowledge of good SEO, but there are resources out there to help you. Just by subscribing to Press Release Jet, you can get a free Ebook with proven strategies for dominating Google search results.
As a small business owner, you need to make the most of your time. A media press kit is a great way to establish good relationships with the press so that you will be able to easily reach out to them for publicity.