In two years, the mission-driven children’s lifestyle brand has seen robust growth in sales, expansion, and partnerships
NEW YORK, NY (October 11, 2021) -- It has been two years since Piccolina launched in 2019 on the International Day of the Girl. Since then, the Oprah-approved children’s brand that empowers little ones to dream big and defy stereotypes has gained rapid growth and recognition.
Despite having launched a few months before the Covid-19 health pandemic and while maintaining minimal outside investments, the women-owned, digitally native brand achieved the following milestones in its first two years:
- Earned a spot on Oprah’s Favorite Things Holiday Gift List
- Increased wholesale distribution to 200 retail partners across the country, including Nordstrom and Maisonette
- Grew social media following by over 500%
- Donated $50,000 to its non-profit partners, which include Malala Fund and City Harvest
- Was recognized as one of the world's 10 most innovative companies in style, alongside powerhouses like Hermès, Gucci, and Lululemon in Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021
- Secured exciting collaboration plans with household retailers for 2022
Piccolina was founded by Heide Iravani and Emily Clifford, two mothers who share a common desire to empower their little ones to be tomorrow’s leaders and changemakers. Founder and CEO Heide Iravani shares, “Clothing plays a significant role in how kids form their identities, so we set out on a mission to use design to make sure that children, especially girls, do not grow up with self-limiting beliefs about who they can be and what they can do.” She adds, “We are humbled by and grateful for the success we’ve had because it means that our mission resonates with parents and children all over the country.”
Piccolina’s mission extends beyond the design of its merchandise. Its core values of social justice, equality, and inclusion are woven into other aspects of its business - from its diverse, all-female team and its collaboration with a diverse group of female artists to its production by female-owned manufacturers and its give-back programs with non-profit partners.
In celebration of its 2nd Anniversary, Piccolina is holding two promotional offers. Starting Monday, October 11 and running until Friday, October 22, customers can shop everything on the site at 25% off or get 2 tees for $40.
Founded in 2019 by Heide Iravani and Emily Clifford, Piccolina is a mission-driven children’s lifestyle brand dedicated to empowering today's young children to become tomorrow's leaders and problem solvers.
Connect with Piccolina: