Ways to Improve Your Press Release Format
You may often overlook your press release format, but news outlets won’t.
The format of your news release can easily make or break your press release. Mistakes in this area can lead to your press release getting rejected and never even published. You don’t want to waste your time or money by having to resubmit a press release all because of formatting issues.
Lucky for you, there are tips to help greatly improve your press release format
Here are some important ways to instantly improve your format:
- Headline: Make sure your headline is not stale or dry. Your headline should always be relevant to the topic of your news release, but also be interesting and attention-grabbing. A dull headline is an easy way to ruin your press release.
- Logo: The first thing you should put on your press release (even before the headline) is your company logo. This should be placed at the top center of the page. A press release without a logo is a quick way to negatively impact your exposure and credibility.
- Contact Information: Under the logo, on the right margin is a perfect place to put your contact information. Leaving this information off is a surefire way of killing your press release. Your contact information should be clear and easy to distinguish.
- Subhead: Directly below the headline is where the subhead or deck is written. It gives you the opportunity to further expand your press release angle but be careful not to repeat the information you already stated in your headline. A good subhead can help steer the audience of your press release in the right direction.
- Dateline: Make sure you include the city in which the news is originating and the date of the release. Your dateline should be separated from your first body paragraph with a dash. Don’t forget to put the location in ALL CAPS.
- First Body Paragraph: Your first paragraph should answer the who, what, when, where, and why rather quickly. It’s ideal to include these answers in the first half of your paragraph. This allows the reader to understand the gist of your press release immediately.
As you can see:
Formatting a perfect press release is no easy task.
It’s a lot to remember and most press release distribution services expect a perfect press release the first time. They are constantly bombarded with press releases and are likely to reject any press release that doesn’t meet the basic formatting design.
This could lead to a waste of your time and resources.
There’s one top-notch press release distribution service that provides tips for formatting your press release and will also help optimize your press release towards search engines.
PRDistribution.com is about providing a high-quality experience for every client at the very best price on the market.
Gain even more formatting tips from our experts and see your press release on the top of high-profile news outlets today.
Stop stressing over your press release format and hand it over to a true professional!
Sign up for a free trial account today at PRDistribution.com!